Insidious is about a boy who succumbs into an unexplainable comatose which leads to supernatural events involving the devil himself.
You can easily tell the similarity of its style to Paranormal Activity, though less canted in shots. That being said, it was mostly the shots that made the film scary. It was a bit slow-paced but I love how subtle each scene was presented in the first half of the film.
Rose Byrne was amazing as usual but the rest of the cast were such a waste. The evil “lurkers” acted much better than the rest of them. Patrick Wilson always reminds me of a one dimensional theater actor.
It actually felt like I was watching two different films forcibly joined together with all the dream sequences of Rose Byrne and Barbara Hershey and the idea of having spirit questors to fight off the evil spirits.
The latter part of the film started to become unbearable but I opted to finish it hoping that the film could redeem itself and fortunately, it did. The last few scenes were scary and give you that creepy feeling as if someone’s about to get you while you sleep.
If you are into the supernatural horror genre, you should go and watch it but do not expect it to be that good for it may disappoint you big time.
Director: James Wan
Starring: Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins, Barbara Hershey, Leigh Whannell, Angus Sampson
My rating is 6/10
Please Read Film Reviews at the Official Pinoy Exchange Movie Reviews. Thanks!
Here we are again giving out the honors for our Best Dressed List in this year’s Screen Actors Guild Awards! First off, I just want to say how crazy beautiful our top 10 for this year are and it’s just way too difficult to choose the Ultimate Best Dressed but I think we’d get it covered by the time we finish this post!
10. I’m quite a big fan of Glee’s Dianna Agron‘s beauty and this ruffled Carolina Herrera dress looked so feminine as ever in her! I just love it!
9. The Big Bang Theory starlet Kaley Cuoco in a strapless mint Romona Keveza gown – she just look amazing in this number!
8. I usually don’t care about Ashlee Simpson eversince her SNL fiasco but this Jenny Packham number is undeniably pretty! Good job this time little Miss Simpson!
7. I love muted colors and Julianna Margulies very much carry this Calvin Klein dress with just the right elegance! Bravo!
6. Emma Stone’s my number pick during the Golden Globes and this time, she’s almost halfway there with this Alexander McQueen’s dress that screams 50’s! I love her style!!!!
5. Sofia Vergara – it’s not as epic as her Vera Wang dress at the Globes, Sofia still brings magic to this Marchesa gown that elongates her perfect body even more!
4. Jessica Chastain in a cerulian blue Calvin Klein blue stood out from the crowd the second time around after her Givenchy number at the Globe! Well done Jess!
3. Rose Byrne was just incredible tonight in this Elie Saab dress while sporting a bob! You got me Rose!
2. I’d really love to give it to Viola Davis but she already won the biggie so she’d settle for second this time!!! Her white chiffon Marchesa dress looked fab!!!
and the ultimate best dressed of the night goes to none other than…
the uber-talented and red carpet diva Lea Michele! This uber-sexy Versace number from Lea just sealed her spot as the ultimate diva in the red carpet! Well done hun’ !!!!!
photos via zimbio
Posted in Brands, Celebrity, Designers, Event
Tagged Alexander McQueen, Ashlee Simpson, Best Dressed, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, Dianna Agron, Elie Saab, Emma Stone, Jenny Packham, Jessica Chastain, Julianna Margulies, Kaley Cuoco, Lea Michele, Marchesa, Romona Keveza, Rose Byrne, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Sofia Vergara, Versace, Viola Davis