I was able to catch the advance screening of HOP last night in Glorietta 4 Cinema 3 with my friend Doms courtesy of Pinoy Exchange where I wrote a review of the film. Here’s what I thought of it –this review was first posted on the official PEx Movie Review thread.
The film focuses on E.B.–son of the Easter Bunny–who dreams of becoming a drummer instead of taking over his father’s job, and Fred, a happy go lucky human who accidentally injures E.B. and eventually helps him overcome the evil plan of the Easter chick Carlos to destroy Easter.
This film does not really require a great deal of dissection. We could easily relate with E.B’s character, someone who dreams big but is caught in an inevitable obligation; while Fred is someone who’s always yearning for something else in life without actually having any clue on what that is.
I thought the whole film was a bit slow, though it is highly entertaining especially to the kids who truly enjoy the antics of the very cute E.B. as well as the chicks’ characters. It is incomparable to Toy Story or Shrek or even the most recent film Rango, but it has the elements of a good film.
Its trailer alone is fun to watch but after watching the whole film, you’ll see that the story lacks depth. But hey! Who needs depth if you can just laugh along with the kids in the cinema?
I’m giving it a 7.5/10 rating.
Director: Chris Meledandri
Starring: James Marsden, Russell Brand, Kaley Cuoco, Hank Azaria, Gary Cole, Elizabeth Perkins, Hugh Laurie, David Hasselhoff
Visit PinoyExchange Movie Reviews for more Film Reviews
Posted in Movies
Tagged Chris Meledandri, David Hasselhoff, Elizabeth Perkins, Film Review, Gary Cole, Hank Azaria, Hop, Hugh Laurie, James Marsden, Kaley Cuoco, Pinoy Exchange, Russell Brand
Here we are again giving out the honors for our Best Dressed List in this year’s Screen Actors Guild Awards! First off, I just want to say how crazy beautiful our top 10 for this year are and it’s just way too difficult to choose the Ultimate Best Dressed but I think we’d get it covered by the time we finish this post!
10. I’m quite a big fan of Glee’s Dianna Agron‘s beauty and this ruffled Carolina Herrera dress looked so feminine as ever in her! I just love it!
9. The Big Bang Theory starlet Kaley Cuoco in a strapless mint Romona Keveza gown – she just look amazing in this number!
8. I usually don’t care about Ashlee Simpson eversince her SNL fiasco but this Jenny Packham number is undeniably pretty! Good job this time little Miss Simpson!
7. I love muted colors and Julianna Margulies very much carry this Calvin Klein dress with just the right elegance! Bravo!
6. Emma Stone’s my number pick during the Golden Globes and this time, she’s almost halfway there with this Alexander McQueen’s dress that screams 50’s! I love her style!!!!
5. Sofia Vergara – it’s not as epic as her Vera Wang dress at the Globes, Sofia still brings magic to this Marchesa gown that elongates her perfect body even more!
4. Jessica Chastain in a cerulian blue Calvin Klein blue stood out from the crowd the second time around after her Givenchy number at the Globe! Well done Jess!
3. Rose Byrne was just incredible tonight in this Elie Saab dress while sporting a bob! You got me Rose!
2. I’d really love to give it to Viola Davis but she already won the biggie so she’d settle for second this time!!! Her white chiffon Marchesa dress looked fab!!!
and the ultimate best dressed of the night goes to none other than…
the uber-talented and red carpet diva Lea Michele! This uber-sexy Versace number from Lea just sealed her spot as the ultimate diva in the red carpet! Well done hun’ !!!!!
photos via zimbio
Posted in Brands, Celebrity, Designers, Event
Tagged Alexander McQueen, Ashlee Simpson, Best Dressed, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, Dianna Agron, Elie Saab, Emma Stone, Jenny Packham, Jessica Chastain, Julianna Margulies, Kaley Cuoco, Lea Michele, Marchesa, Romona Keveza, Rose Byrne, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Sofia Vergara, Versace, Viola Davis