Last Saturday was just a continuation of the Bootcamp challenge where the hopefuls sang individually in front of the judges and a live audience. Early favorites like Grace Davies, Tracyleanne Jefford, Daniel Quick and bruiser Anthony Russell (such a shame he was kicked off the show) all gave stunning performances!
Then Sunday comes the Six Chair Challenge for the girls. I am now starting to doubt this category. I initially thought that this was the strongest category this year but I’ve a feeling that Grace Davies will be the last girl standing from this group and I’ve a feeling that she won’t even make the top 5. It’s a good thing that she’s so good she might just end up with a recording contract from Simon.
She’s obviously the strongest in this category performing her own song called “Don’t Go.”
She’s got the making of Adele isn’t she?
The beautiful Holly Tandy will also be going through the judges house for her performance.
Not really sold on this performance but she’s like the Britain’s Sweetheart… She’s definitely the Janet Devlin of this season.
Georgina Panton is amazing as usual but sadly for her, she’s not getting any traction from the audience as far as I can see…
Deanna Mussington is very likable but I’m not sure if she’s at the level of Grace to even make the live show.
Youngster Rai-Elle Rai-Elle Williams had to fight for her chair when she was forced to have a sing-off with Alisah Bonaobra and Scarlett Lee. She sang a song about Jesus and promptly made it. I thought she should’ve been eliminated if I’m being honest.
And last but not the least is Alisah from the Philippines. I am all for giving my support to my home girl Alisah but truth be told, I just don’t think that the judges like her especially Simon and Sharon. Unfortunately, she’s under Sharon’s category so I’ve a feeling that she won’t make the live show. Oh well…
My Top 3: Grace, Holly and Georgina obviously.
Who do you think will make it to the live show?
Posted in Music, TV Shows
Tagged Alisah Bonaobra, Deanna Mussington, Georgina Panton, Grace Davies, Holly Tandy, Rai-Elle Williams, The X Factor, The X Factor UK, The X Factor UK 2017, The X Factor UK 2017 Top 12
It’s taken me half the week to finally have time to watch each performance and I’ve to say that I am more than impressed with the talent that went through last week and will be battling it out on next episode’s Six Chair Challenge.
The first stage of the bootcamp was The Wall of Songs were 35 songs are offered for those who made it through the audition round and will sing it as a group in front of the panel. Most of the performances were cringe-worthy if I’m being honest.
And like what Simon said which I wholeheartedly agree with, Grace Davies group who sang Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur was one of the better groups – if not the only decent one.
My Four Potential Winners
1. Matt Linnen is definitely leading the pack this season. He’s very good looking and has a really good vocals – not very current but marktable enough. He’s like the better and hotter version of Matt Cardle.
2. Sean and Connor Price – if there is one act that could potentially derails Matt’s winning the title, then it could be them. They are very charismatic and very current and has decent voices. Plus, we need to have a new pop group/duo sensation to top the charts worldwide and I really, really believe they could do it.
3. Holly Tandy is a surprise for me. I didn’t think she could pull off Sign of the Time by Harry Styles. She’s my favorite amongst the girls this season.
4. Berget Lewis is again, flawless. I’m just not sure right now how relatable she is with the audience.
The rest are just so-so for me. The CutKelvins and Grace Davies didn’t really And I am not even going to mention Alisa Bonaobra begging for a second chance. I mean, she’s a good singer but I find it unfair for the other girls who weren’t given another chance only because they didn’t beg and cry on stage. It was really awkward to watch.
One of my early favorites, Anthony Russell made it through the first round but had to withdraw since he admitted that he was on drugs during the audition. He was apparently asked to leave and come back next year, clean. I’m hoping he’d come back tho.
Who are your favorites this year?
Disregarding their respective categories, here are my Top 12 favorite acts for this season!
My numero uno is Berget Lewis. She’s simple unbelievable! The world need to hear her voice!
2. Anthony Russell – He’s the most likable contestant this year and he’s got a very unique sound!!! Totally rooting for this guy!
3. Grace Davies is Adele 2.0! Let’s see if the UK public feel the same way.
4. Matt Linnen. Drop Dead Gorg. Physically and that fucking sexy voice!
5. Tracy Leanne Jefford – She’s going to be Berget’s biggest competition in the overs category! Beautiful, classy and utterly charismatic!
6. Sean and Connor Price. I’m already guessing them advancing into the semis!
7. Kevin Davy White. The male version of Berget. Non-UK singer with a big voice!
8. Chloe Rose Moyle. Just because she’s cute and a better substitute for Taylor Swift.
9. Jack & Joel. I just thought they’re real fun. Let them in if Clique *high kick* won’t make it.
10. The Cutkelvins. Same a Chloe’s. Good eyecandy. The girl would have to be solo though. Real talk only.
11. Rebecca Grace. Too similar with Grace but still, she’s got a fantastic set of pipes!
12. Sam Black. Will either be in a group or solo. Either way, he’s going to make it!
Special Mention: The supe adorable Jordan Rabjohn whom I can already see being eliminated and getting ask to join a group…
Videos and photos courtesy of the
Posted in Brands, TV Shows
Tagged Anthony Russell, Berget Lewis, Chloe Rose Moyle, Grace Davies, Jack & Joel, Jordan Rabjohn, Kevin Davy White, Matt Linnen, Rebecca Grace, Sam Black, Sean and Conor Price, The CutKelvins, The X Factor, The X Factor UK 2017, The X Factor UK 2017 Top 12, Tracy Leanne Jefford
The fourteenth season of the The X Factor UK has premiered yesterday and they gave us fans a taste of what we can expect this season. Almost all the hopefuls in the first week of audition made it, or at least almost all of those they’ve shown!
We still have the same panel from last year headed by Simon Cowell with Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh.
Top 3 Auditionees:
- Anthony Russell, 27
Anthony has got this very unique voice and a very endearing personality. He was sporting a shiner during his audition and I think the judges just really felt bad for him. That’s not to say he only got pity votes because he’s seriously good! I’m guessing as early as now that he’ll make it to the live show. Nicole will decide his fate this year.
He also stated that he auditioned back in 2007 when he was a cocky 17 years old. Very funny audition because he was so cocky. I don’t think Simon liked him back then.
2. Grace Davies, 20
I think she’s this year’s Caitlyn Vanbeck but with more originality and more likable! Her song Roots really is AMAZING! Have a listen NOW!
3. Sam Black, 27
Another guy under Nicole’s category if he’s not gonna be eliminated first and eventually ends up in a group. He’s really good looking and he’s got a really nice old-school voice. He looks like a starving version of James Morrison but more good looking. I think he’d do well as a solo artist. I’m not sure if he’s the best yet but for now, amongst those whom they’ve shown this first episode – he’s definitely one of the best!
The rest who made it through…
I super adore Gaga Lord! Her big voice is unbelievable! Not sure yet how they would package here if they decide to get her through the overs category in the live show.
Jordan Rabjohn is adorable as fuck and I can already tell that they’re going to put him in a group…
Jack & Joel are a good act but I don’t think they will be THAT marketable. I’m not even sure if Joel can do other things aside from beat boxing and playing the guitar but he’s the likable one in this duo although Jack has a fantastic vocals obviously.
I loved Kayleigh Taylor’s personality and I think she’s really likable but I don’t get her voice yet. I feel like she’s screaming the whole song but that’s just for me tho. Best of luck to her!
Holly Tandy is only 15 people. Yep. She look like a supermodel and sounds okay. I just don’t think she’ there yet. She’s very raw tho and I think the judges saw potentials in her…
The look and sound good but the whole thing is too rehearsed and the second song when Simon asked them to sing a second song sounds like they’re miming…hhmm
Who are your favorites amongst those who auditioned yesterday?
Videos and photos courtesy of the
Posted in Celebrities, Music, TV Show, TV Shows
Tagged Anthony Russell, Gaga Lord, Grace Davies, Holly Tandy, Jordan Rabjohn, Kayleigh Taylor, Rak-Su, Sam Black, The X Factor, The X Factor UK, The X Factor UK 2017