A couple of days from now, Ikumi Yoshimatsu of Japan will crown her successor and the new Miss International in the culmination of one of the “Big Four Pageants” in the beautiful country of Japan. With that being said, 67 girls are having a blast exploring Japan – Tokyo in particular where the pageant will host its finals at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Hall. And as per usual, I will let you see my final predictions in a Christmas- themed list this time 🙂
15. Lorena Hermida of Colombia – Colombian’s beauty are always the ones to watch out for in this pageant. Their last win was the historical win of Jeymmy Vargas becoming the first delegate of color to win the said pageant. This time, they are sending an exotic beauty and a top 15 isn’t impossible of a task for her.
14. Chonticha Tiengtham of Thailand – Another stunner from Thailand. After their successful bid at the recently concluded Miss Earth 2013 where Punika Kulsoontornrut was proclaimed Miss Earth Water, the Thai delegation hopes to keep the ball rolling ending the year with a bang. Chonticha is a beauty – real oriental beauty!
13. Andrea Neu of the United States Of America – I love Andrea. I think her beauty is a very interesting one. The country does not really send strong delegates in this pageant but I think Andrea has what it takes to make the semis.
12. Katarzyna Oracka of Poland is yet another stunning goddess from Poland. This country has been very consistent this year in sending beyond beautiful delegates but for some reason, they are leaving each pageant crown-less. I hope Katarzyna could end this “curse” but if she end up entering the semis – that’s not bad at all then.
11. Carmen Munoz of Dominica Republic – I love how she’s always looking fresh in every photo ops. She’s just 21 and her youthful vibe could end her vying for one of the 15 precious slots in the semis.
10. Araceli Carrilero Martínez of Spain is a shoo-in for the semis. This Albacete native does know how to work the camera and charm the locals. I won’t mind if she places higher than a semifinalist.
9. Ashley Beth Perez of Puerto Rico – In the mold of Monic Perez and the mystery of Bodine Koehler, I see a beacon of hope for Puerto Rico. She’s a Miss International prototype and this kind of beauty won’t be wasted here.
8. Lucero Montemayor of Mexico – The organization has some kind of adoration to every Mexican delegates and this babe won’t be an exception.
7. Cristina Alves Da Silva of Brazil – Another favorite of the organization. I placed her at 7th because I feel that they are looking this year for personality and she’s a bit quiet for me. Let’s see…
6. Eleonore Lilja of Sweden and 4. Sigrún Eva Ármannsdóttir of Iceland – c’mon now. Who could resist the beauty of these two? They may even snatch the crown, I dunno why they’re at my 4th and 6th place – perhaps I just don’t want to jinx them. LOL
5. Elián Herrera – She’s a Miss Venezuela. End of discussion.
2nd Runner-up – Nathalie den Dekker of the Netherlands – I love this girl! I was even rooting for her during the Miss Universe 2012 and I think she’s ready to grab one of the crowns this year! I’m glad she didn’t give up right away.
1st Runner-up – Elma Segzdaviciute of Lithuania. Now if there’s one girl who’s becoming a threat for the crown, it has to be this girl. Elma is just 18 and her demeanor says so. After winning the Miss Photogenic earlier in the pageant, the target is now on her. Another Miss International prototype. If she’ll deliver come finals night – deal’s done.
And my Miss International winner this year (still my prediction peeps) is none other than my home-girl, Bea Rose Santiago! Bea by far is the most ready amongst the Binibining Pilipinas queens this year. And she’s the last one to have the opportunity to grab that one last crown for the Philippines (let’s discount the Miss Tourism International since it’s happening during the new year’s eve – _@)
Bea’s beautiful – CHECK! She’s articulate and smart – CHECK! She’s interesting – CHECK! She’s got the sash – CHECK! And interestingly, she was adjudged by none other than the President of the Miss International Organization during the Binibining Pilipinas coronation night so everything seems to be going in her favor. I’m not complacent though. An upset similar to what happened last year from Miss Japan could very well be the case for Bea – oh yeah and a really bad styling – ask Nicole Schmitz.