It was a very successful week for the Philippine fashion as the Holiday 2012 season of the Philippine Fashion Week ended with a bang last Sunday, May 27. The fashion peeps converged to celebrate the Filipino talents with local and international models, celebrities and fashion personalities gracing the Philippine catwalk! With that being said, after observing a fiercilicious week where Filipino designers showcased their creativity – I would like to share with you my top 10 favorite collections of the season!
10. Bo Parcon presenting at the Design Fusion Collection. It is only a ten-piece collection but it is enough to captivate the audience with the somehow scale-like print that Parcon so brilliantly incorporated with each garment. And when that tube dress in a coal-like metallic silver line covering the top came out, I though it was utter perfection!
9. Ulysses King presenting at Menswear Collection. He is one of my favorite designers from the past couple of seasons. From his reversible jacket and scuba trouser last spring to the aurora borealis pants this season! Ugh. Ulysses, please stop being amazing!
8. Roland Lirio for Premiere A Collection presented by Sony. Don’t you just love it when you see garments that looks raw and simple at first glance yet there’s the hint of intricacy with every little details of the fabric once you look at ’em closer and longer? Yeah, that is how I would describe Lirio’s creations.
7. Chris Diaz. I am totally in love with Chris’ infusion of color this season and I thought the Russian fur hats are total genius! Way too slussy (somehow $luttish but still classy – lols) I just love this collection.
6. Arnold Galang. I thought the whole boho vibe of the collection was amazing! I was thinking that too much fabric got wasted on ’em but nevertheless, I thought it’s one of the most cohesive and just perfectly presented collection from the styling up to the models and of course, the amazing finish of each garment.
5. Ezra Santos. Gosh! Ezra is killing me with this collection! It’s too breathtaking! I love how he got all weird-and-gaga with the boxed-decorated headpieces and that out of this world wired alienesque-like outfit! He’s incredible!
4. Michael Cinco for BENCH. I wish he presented more pieces but this is just again – beyond outstanding.
3. Fanny Serrano for Grand Allure. This is the first time I’ve seen a collection from Miss Fanny Serrano and I am in total awe! Those dresses are to die for. They’re like the muted version of the dresses from the Capitol. (huh?)
2. Philipp Tampus. I ranked his designs higher than the better known designers because of the craftsmanship that very much detailed his phenomenal designs. They have over the top details and subdued colors that made them look so expensive!
and my top collection from the Holiday 2012 goes to…
1. Chris Jasler. This collection can rival the aesthetics of Marc Jacobs and John Galliano anytime! The sheer genius of the designs and styling was truly impeccable! The cuts of those “jail jeans” gives you the shot of what the future of fashion will be and the enormity of each minute details in them are crazy good! Hun’ this is fashion and Chris may just invented some parts of it for the future!
all the images are property of philippinefashionweeklive / runway production
no copyright infringement intended