This is going to be a bit tricky for me because I’ve never seen the interviews of each candidate and I’m basing my final choices based on the preliminary competition as well as the events they have participated in leading into this event.
(Also, I’m a bit late posting this because I’ve just been to Burias Island and have not slept at all – so I’m basically zombie-ish watching this one right now.)
So off to my final 13 (apparently, the 13th spot will be given to the girl voted by the public worldwide to go through)
So I’ve made a ranking based on the swimsuit and the evening gown competition from the prelims (again) and below is what I came up with. (tho not necessarily my final 13)
13. Indonesia – this is supposed to be the girl with whom the public voted for and Miss Philippines has it in the bag but she’s not gonna be awarded this because she’s a shoo-in even without this. I am predicting that Indonesia will get the 13th spot! Also, I found her not that impressive during the prelims so she should thank her lucky stars!
12. Curacao – sash factor wise, she may not make it at all.
11. Brazil – She didn’t make my Top 12 from the prelims but she’s obviously very personable in person and the fans just loved her! I do think that she’d make the cut but during the Prelims, she’s just too much for me.
10. Great Britain – This girl has got a great personality. She’s also exceptionally pretty. She need better styling if she wanna go further than this.
9. China – What a dear surprise from China! She’s not as polished as Miss Universe China 2011 but she’s got this enchanting aura that may work in her favor…
8. Portugal – This girl for me aside from Belgium, France and Australia has one of the most beautiful faces in the competition and if I’m being honest, her face alone made me put her on my list
7. Spain – she was exceptional during the prelims but I’m not sure how exactly memorable she was when it comes to the eyes of the judging panel. I will still give her a chance tho. After all, her compatriot Amparo Munoz was crowned here during the second staging of the Miss Universe in 1974.
6. Thailand – This girl won’t go unnoticed because she’s got a very interesting story to present to the judging panel. Aside from that, you can see that she’s studied so hard to be a perfect Thai delegate. She’s the one I’m suspecting to be the biggest spoiler of the night!
5. Venezuela – She’s my initial pick for the title of Miss Universe but I’ve seen some of her videos and I just have this feeling that she’s going to falter come Q and A portion.
4. Australia – this young fresh thing from Australia has all the making of Miss Universe. She’s gonna go higher, I can already tell but I don’t think she’s stronger than my pick for the final three.
2nd Runner-up: Argentina – I know that this is not a popular pick but I just loved her! She was spectacular during the prelims! She was mesmerizing and if the Q&A will work on her favor, she could make it. The only thing that’s preventing me from elevating her as my Miss Universe pick is her sash.
1st Runner-up: Philippines – This resilient, brave and very beautiful Philippine delegate will always be remembered as the first Miss Universe representative from the land of the orient sea to use an interpreter (as confirmed by the Philippine Tourism Secretary, although there’s a disclaimer that says, “In case”). From the divisive support from pageant fans Filipino and Non-Filipino alike, Maxine has rise to the occasion and delivered a spellbinding preliminary performance.
She still can accomplish a back to back but she needs to be perfect tonight to do such thing!
My Miss Universe 2016 is Miss FRANCE!
She was gliding like a queen during the preliminary. Her body’s to die for and clearly has the best face in the competition. I firmly believe that she should win the crown for these points alone and if she’s got the wit to back these area – then we will have the perfect successor of the confidently beautiful Pia Wurtzbach!